Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mirror Mantra






"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
~Joseph Addison

I've been doing a little reading lately, a fascinating book by Ernest Holmes. My favorite section of the book talked about what makes people D Y N A M I C!
(I like that word! Who doesn't want to be DYNAMIC!!!!)

DYNAMIC people send themselves positive messages.
So I chose a few.
Actually this is not a new concept to me. I've always tried to have inspirational art & quotes in my home. It stems from an experience I had when I was 5 (more on that at a later post).

So, I printed them onto smart looking cardstock, framed them, placed them strategically & then taught my girls the phrases. This is the one I've heard repeatedly out loud & they will tell you it is their favorite,

"WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL ME!"

I can't help but smile.

Encourage yourself. Remind yourself of what an amazing and dynamic person you are, especially if there is something you are trying to overcome.

A good place to start your Daily Mantra is in the morning while getting ready for the day in front of the mirror.
As you are doing your hair, brushing your teeth or putting on your make-up...
say them over & over ("insert your own mantra here").

It works.

Believe in yourself first and others will follow.


Related Posts with Thumbnails