Thursday, March 18, 2010

Vacation Eating

I've returned home from the Sunshine State!
The Island of Sanibel hosts the infamous restaurant "Cheeseburger Cheeseburger".
If you eat a ONE POUND cheeseburger, your picture is taken & hung with the other big eaters. Even children get their picture taken if they eat a 1/2 lb burger.
Photos plastered the wall, adults and children alike!
I can only imagine how I'd feel after eating that much... BLEH!

The ambiance was fun with 50's paraphernalia everywhere and rockin' music.

I ordered half a chicken sandwich.

After the meal the server asked if we had room for yet another milkshake
(our family of 6 had already shared 2).

"No thanks, I'm good." I said.
She replied, "Well why not? You're a tiny thing, you can afford it! I'm worried you didn't get enough to eat today!!"
I laughed.

I am within my healthy weight range because I am conscious about my health & practice specific habits that make a difference. Even the seemingly small "specifics" add up!
Truth is... I can't afford it, nor can anyone else.
We stayed in a condo vs. a hotel so I could eat "my food".
I didn't want to eat out but a couple times during the week.
Kevin and I hopped on these bikes we found stashed in the condo garage and raced down the road to the local market to buy exactly what I love...
FRESH FOOD! LIVE FOOD! WHOLE FOOD!
Food that PAYS YOU BACK that you can "AFFORD"!
We threw it in my basket and raced back in the dark just in time to swim a few more
laps in the pool before it closed!
(I ADORE vacations that allow me to be active and wear NO MAKE-UP & wear a CAP!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails