Monday, September 15, 2008

So ya had a bad day!


I was asked to speak to our ladies church group this last week on "How the Physical Affects the Spiritual".  As I prepared, I was struck by a phrase I've heard many many times... Endure to the End.  I've always understood this to mean we are to press forward in conquering the hardships, sickness, failures & even spiritual shortcomings in this life so that we might have Eternal Life someday.  (Click here for further Spiritual Insight)  

In my opinion, running a marathon would surely have to stir up some physical endurance in my body.... some how, some way!  Well, we haven't been asked to run a marathon; but we have been asked to take care of one of the greatest gifts we have been given... our bodies. Everyday. Enduring to the end.  Even in our health, we must do our part.  I mentioned to the ladies, "I am not on a diet.  This is the way I choose to live my life.  I want to do my part.  It is everyday. Everyday for the rest of my life."  

Lately, I have been so aware and appreciative of the body I have been given.  I have arms and legs and a mind that allows me to do what I love.  It is not a perfect body.  But a body I am so grateful for.  

So if you've had a bad day, fallen off the wagon, eaten a treat or two more than you should.... Well, today is a new day! Jump back on...  Never give up on you, your health or your body!  

Endure to the end spiritually AND physically.  Yes, it's everyday. I want to cross the finish line at then end of my life knowing that I did my best.  What does that mean?  Eat fruits, veggies, lean meat, drink lots of water, exercise & get enough sleep.  Sounds simple doesn't it?  Not necessarily... hence 'enduring to the end'.  There's lots of trial and error along the way.  But we do better when we know better.  
Related Posts with Thumbnails