Thursday, October 23, 2008

Really Fast Food!!!!

It's all about choices. I try to cook most of what I eat from fresh whole food... but sometimes that doesn't always work. These are some of my most recent favorite foods "on the go". I am a fan of the papaya in the Dole Tropical Fruit Cups (80 cal). It's nice to have variety... change it up from the apple I have almost every day. Yoplait has come out with YO+ with flavors like Cranberry Raspberry and Pomegranate Blackberry (110 cal) & no aspartame! YAY! LOVE THEM. Kashi makes wonderful cookies with 5 g of fiber each. I like the Dark Chocolate and then the Oatmeal Raisin (130 cal). Laughing Cow Light Cheese comes in a round little box & then are individually wrapped in small serving size triangles (35 cal). Cute. I use them in place of butter, cream cheese for my pita pockets, ww english muffins, sandwiches & such. YUM. Lots of great flavors too like Herb and Garlic & Swiss. And then my all time favorite is the Steamed Cauliflower perfectly seasoned (that's what it says on the bag) by Birds Eye. My family loves it! You cook it right in the bag in your microwave. I use these when I need veggies in a pinch!

I am impressed with how well manufacturer's are responding to us as consumers and asking for better and better products. They are out there, but you have to be willing to look and read the labels. Let me know what you find. I also am a fan of the new Kraft Mayo Olive Oil.





Related Posts with Thumbnails