Friday, May 15, 2009

Literally...

'Oh-no there it goes, sky opens up like a firehose, & it must be soakin' someone... can we stay here together, stay here forever & get lost in this weather!'

I could barely see driving home as my wipers were exhausted, as was I.

I had just finished my late night workout.  As I pulled into the driveway I could see my two teenagers in the driveway dancing to their hearts content! 

It was pouring, I mean torrential downpours! They were DRENCHED!

"MOM! Dance with us!" they cried out.
"I'm freezing!" I hollered back.
"Open the hatch! Turn up the music & DANCE with us!!!!"

I grabbed my gym bag & began to head into the house shaking my head but grinning at their fun.

And then I remembered as this little voice spoke inside my head....

"it's not about waiting for the storm to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I was sopping wet as it was... I spun on my heels & turned the speakers up loud! The girls squealed. I started to laugh... so did they. 

And then we danced.




Related Posts with Thumbnails