Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Coloring my World


It didn't matter what else was going to get done for the day... I had to make two stops. And how convenient for me that each stop just happened to be right next door to each other.... I needed 'raw food' and paint! A girl on a mission, that was me.

Two hours later I had $200 worth of rainbow colored food & $200 worth of gorgeous paint in 4 shades. Money well spent. I was happy, mission complete.  Well, sort of.

I got it all loaded into the house... mango's, kiwis, strawberries, blackberries, honey dew, pineapple, broccoli, green beans, avocado's, baby spinach, mushrooms & sooooo much more. 

My focus is on eating nutrient dense food, not calorie dense food. Sure, I have an allotted amount of calories I need to consume each day, but not with 'garbage'! I want as many nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins & minerals as I can possibly get each & every day. The real stuff. Raw food. Why? 

Just a few benefits:
#1: Weight loss 
#2: Increase in energy 
#3: Prevents sickness & fights disease 
#4: Natural anti-aging components 

And it tastes good! Last night after dinner I pulled out the blender & quickly threw in 2 mango's, 2 handfuls of strawberries, 2 handfuls of ice & a cup or so of vanilla soy milk.  I poured it into some fancy glasses, topped it with a T. of whipped cream and a cherry. Delicious! The family loved it! 

So it's simple. I say the richer the color, the richer the benefits! Color makes me happy. 

You know what else makes me happy... looking out the kitchen window & seeing my plum, pear & apple trees in blossom! Beautiful. I'll be sharing again at harvest time!

p.s. I'll post some pictures of the paint job later.













Related Posts with Thumbnails