Monday, May 17, 2010

Whatcha gonna do about it?

Down to the wire
I wanted water but
But I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
To take me even higher
Then I'll come through
Like I do
When the world keeps
Testing me, testing me,testing me
"Vultures" by John Mayer

While teaching class today, I had every participant write down 2 short-term goals (to be accomplished this week) and 2 long-term goals (to be accomplished by the end of the summer).

Not only did they write them down but I had them explain how they were going to go about it.

A couple months ago, I started writing a book.
A workbook and guide for living and achieving a healthy lifestyle every single day.
I know this is what I need to do.
I can feel it.
I know it.

BUT....

IT JUST MIGHT BE THE DEATH OF ME!

It is all encompassing and consuming.
However, my dad recently gave me more sound council.
He said,
"Stacy, why don't you just enjoy the process & the journey of it."
(He said it as a statement, not a question.)

But... I thought of it as a question...
"Well, why don't I?"

Well.... because it's stressful!
It's hard work!
My brain is on overload & won't stop sending me a gazillion thoughts per second!
I can only type so fast!
I want to go outside and play.

No matter the goal. The means to an end is a big deal!
We're always being tested, tried, stretched and encouraged to do better...

The only way to hit the bulls-eye is to zero in.
Practice.
Do it over and over.
Even when it's hard.
Walk through the fire.

Now... whatcha gonna do about it?


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails