Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Health is the greatest possession!

Wendy's Before:


Wendy's After: 50 lbs Down!!!!

GUEST POST #2 by Wendy Jacob
Thanks Girl! You are amazing!
XOXO

Q: Why do you choose to eat healthy?

Why I choose to eat healthy is simply the way it makes me feel inside and out.
One thing I have learned, is when there is unhealthy choices around,
I can either give in and have the guilt after.....

or I can be choosy and only have a bite so I
don’t feel like I am missing out on something.


When I take precious time away from my family to go to they gym,
the last thing I want to do is give up the work I did, by eating.

When I am hungry, I crave fresh veggies and fruits. They are so satisfying.
Right now is the best time of the year too…
if you don’t have a garden there are numerous farmers markets Load up!

In the past, when I was stressed, I used to turn to food...now I turn to the gym.

It’s amazing!
There is so much more happiness in seeing
what you can
accomplish
than the simple satisfaction of food.

I truly listen to my body and eat when my body tells me it needs food,
which is actually very empowering.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a nice ice cream cone on a hot summer day
like everyone else and I do treat myself to those simple pleasures,

but within moderation.

When people ask what I have done to lose the weight,
I simply say I eat healthy food and stay active daily.

I usually have one day of rest and most of the time that day of includes
a nice walk, simply because my body craves the movement.

I am NOT on a diet nor will I ever be.

This is the way my life is.
I enjoy every minute of it.

I have changed my life for not only myself but for my friends and family as well.

Why do I choose to eat healthy…..

It makes me happy !!!!

Here's one of my favorite recipe's...
So very easy and healthy!


Almond Joy Delight Banana Soft Serve
frozen banana
1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp. almond milk

Combine in food processor and mix until smooth.

If it's too runny, place in the freezer until firm.
Once solid, scoop into a ramekin.

Topping:
Melt 1 Tbsp. of almond butter
Dust with toasted unsweetened coconut

ENJOY!!!
Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails