Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grilled Curry Chicken with Mint Chutney

Share/Bookmark

The consistent request I get is to blog more recipes.
Dinner was amazing tonight!
I adore my garden boxes and the vegetables and herbs they produce!
Tonight I made
Grilled Curry Chicken with Mint Chutney
on top of a
Corn Off the Cob Salad
sprinkled with
Chia and Hemp Seeds

Recipes:
Grilled Curry Chicken
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into big chunks
3 t curry powder
1 1/2 t black pepper
1 t kosher salt
1 t ground cumin


Herbs & Spices:
Cumin, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper,
Curry & Fresh Chopped Curry from my garden!!
Combine the above and rub into chicken pieces.
Skewer!
(Wood skewer are great too; just be sure to soak
them in water for 30 minutes prior.)
Marinate rubbed chicken up to an hour in the fridge.

Spray your grill with oil before heating to prevent the meat from sticking.

Grill on low-med heat until desired doneness.

(YUP... this was my dinner! LOVED IT AND SO DID MY FAMILY!)

Corn Off the Cob Salad:
Torn Green Leaf Lettuce
(from my garden!!)

Spinach Leafs
(from my garden!!)

Steamed Corn Cobs
(cut corn from the cob)

Spritz with Olive Oil
Sprinkle 1 t each of Chia Seeds and Hemp Seeds (optional)

NOW... on top of the Curried Chicken is a simple
Mint Chutney:
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water, or as needed

Puree all of the above. Chill.
Related Posts with Thumbnails