I absolutely love having a garden!
We plant rows and rows of
green and red leafy lettuce and spinach.
But boy can it get dirty.
Here's a great tip to getting your greens squeaky clean...
1. Place greens in an ice water bath.
(The ice crisps the leaves and keeps them from wilting.)
2. Swish and move it all about for 30 seconds or so.
3. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
4. Carefully remove leaves, gently shaking the excess water.
5. Let the leaves rest on a kitchen towel.
6. Pat the leaves with a second towel to
remove the last of the excess water.
7. Eat right away or save in the fridge for another day.
See, the dirt settles to the bottom!
8. Use the extra water for flower pots
or dump it back into the garden.
(Not down the drain!)