Friday, July 30, 2010

Sing along the way!

The light at the end of this one mile tunnel seemed so far away.
Tunnel #3.


Tunnel #1.


While biking in Sparta, I came to 3 very large tunnels.
There is no way around them, but through.

They were once used for the railroads years and years ago,
but have since been turned into bike trails.
I approached the first tunnel.
It was so dark and cold in there!
Water dripped from above incessantly.

I was a little nervous and my flashlight didn't offer much comfort.

Before I knew it, I zeroed-in upon
the light in front of me.

It seemed so small...
compared to the big wide opening I had just entered.

But the light was definitely there.

As you take charge of your health...
the road ahead can seem endless and the goal so far away.

But do you know that with each step you take towards better health...
you are becoming and creating the healthiest possible you?
And there isn't any other way around it...

but through.

You certainly wouldn't stop and stand still...
but instead put one foot in front of the other.

And perhaps you could enjoy the journey along the way... like my dad taught me.

It wasn't long before I realized these massive tunnels had AMAZING acoustics!

So of course...
I just had to sing... I mean really belt it out!!!!

Handel's Messiah never sounded so good!

(Well... that's what my husband Kevin said.
And I accepted his compliment graciously.)

Find the joy!
What a blessing it is to breathe life each day!

For heavens sake...
your steps don't have to be gigantic leaps...
you just
have to put one foot in front of the other.

Start simply.
Choose to exercise today!
or
Drink water!
or
Eat your veggies.
or
Eat only to 70-80% full.
or
Go to bed on time.
or
Schedule your annual exam.

EACH ONE OF THESE CHOICES REFLECTS HEALTH
ALLOWING
YOU TO TAKE CHARGE!

Let your choices bless your life.

Your goals are attainable... anyone can do it!!!
ANYONE!






Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails